Many institutions. Many faces. Many instructional styles. One Sakai.
Sakai offers tremendous flexibility around look and feel, functionality, capabilities, etc. It can do pretty much whatever you want an LMS to do.
By design, every institution makes Sakai its own. From look-and-feel to feature-function, the versatility is refreshing.
How should technology enrich learning? That’s up to you.
Educators are doing remarkable things with Sakai.
Valencian Internacional University’s award-winning ICT in Education uses Sakai to help educators reimagine what’s possible with technology-enabled learning.
Virginia Tech Sakai Story
Faculty and Institutions Innovate with Sakai tools.
The Pathways to Success program uses Sakai ePortfolio tools in an innovative way to balance large-scale institutional assessment with student-centered pedagogy and curriculum that is rooted within the disciplines.
With Sakai, you’re in good company. Sakai 10 is even better.
A lot of great universities use Sakai.
The Sakai project is the learning environment of choice for 350+ choice colleges and universities around the world. The new Sakai 10 release adds even more possibility to what can be done with Sakai.
Education is a global endeavor. So is Sakai.
Sakai is a truly global solution backed by a truly global community.
The Sakai community spans six continents and 15 countries, with Sakai available in more than 20 languages.
Sakai 10.4 release highlights include:
- 51 fixes (compared with 10.3)
- Admin documentation added to online help
- Updated Chinese translations
- No Security fixes (only one new non-critical security issue reported)
Sakai 10.3 release highlights include:
- About 200 fixes (compared with 10.2)
- Eight Security fixes
- Updates in Lessons, Samigo Test and Quizzes, Assignments, Gradebook
Sakai 10.2 release highlights include:
- About 70 fixes (compared with 10.1)
- Several Security fixes
- Oracle conversion script fix
Sakai 10.1 release highlights include:
- About 200 fixes or updates(compared with 10.0)
- Elastic Search upgrade from 0.9.0 to 1.1.2 and removal of legacy Search
- IMS Common Cartridge 1.3 support within Lessons. This makes IMS CC in Sakai capable of exchanging data with Moodle, Blackboard, and Canvas.
- Security - over a dozen security fixes.
- Accessibility - close to a dozen Accessibility fixes.
- Translations and i18n improvements - A number of updates to French and Chinese translations and about 1 1/2 dozen internationalization fixes including full i18n support in the Peer review feature of Lessons.
- Assignments tool - Improved handling of deleted groups in the Assignments tool. Basic validation to Single Uploaded File option to prevent students submitting an empty assignment.
- Forums tool - Performance improvement in Forums. Significant fixes to Forum Rank feature
- Gradebook row highlighting, for easier grading.
- Online Help - Ability to remove an entire help category (like OSP).
Sakai 10.0 release contains many improvements. Here are a few:
- Scalability and performance Improvements, including distributed cacheing, providing support for JCache/JSR-107
- Updated Security Improvements
- Two new tools which help with scheduling of events (such as office hours) and delegated access
- IMS LTI 2.0 - first learning system with support for the latest LTI spec. Makes integration with external tools easy.
- Major improvements to Assignments, Test and Quizzes, Gradebook, Syllabus, Lessons (aka LessonBuilder)
- Mobile device support improved through the addition and upgrade of robust APIs.
Current Adopters of Sakai
- Hebrew Union College
- Ulaanbaatar Erdem University
- SIAS University
- Universities of East Anglia and Hull, Early Modern Texts Forum
- New York University (NYU)
- St. Catharine College
- Williams Baptist College
- National Institute for Technology and Liberal Education
- Dana College
- Kaiser Permanente Physical Therapy Fellowship
- East Carolina University
- HEC Montreal
- California State University, Fresno
- Bell College
- Rice University
- UvA Communities
- Yale University
- Pacific Lutheran University
- Brock University
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Kyoto University in Japan
- Durham Technical Community College
- Chongqing University
- EU-Asia Link Program