With Sakai, you’re in good company. Sakai 10 is even better.
A lot of great universities use Sakai.
The Sakai project is the learning environment of choice for 350+ choice colleges and universities around the world. The new Sakai 10 release adds even more possibility to what can be done with Sakai.
Education is a global endeavor. So is Sakai.
Sakai is a truly global solution backed by a truly global community.
The Sakai community spans six continents and 15 countries, with Sakai available in more than 20 languages.
Many institutions. Many faces. Many instructional styles. One Sakai.
Sakai offers tremendous flexibility around look and feel, functionality, capabilities, etc. It can do pretty much whatever you want an LMS to do.
By design, every institution makes Sakai its own. From look-and-feel to feature-function, the versatility is refreshing.
How should technology enrich learning? That’s up to you.
Educators are doing remarkable things with Sakai.
Valencian Internacional University’s award-winning ICT in Education uses Sakai to help educators reimagine what’s possible with technology-enabled learning.
Virginia Tech Sakai Story
Faculty and Institutions Innovate with Sakai tools.
The Pathways to Success program uses Sakai ePortfolio tools in an innovative way to balance large-scale institutional assessment with student-centered pedagogy and curriculum that is rooted within the disciplines.
Latest maintenance release is Sakai 10.6
Sakai 10 highlights include:
- Scalability and performance Improvements, including distributed cacheing, providing support for JCache/JSR-107
- Updated Security Improvements
- Two new tools which help with scheduling of events (such as office hours) and delegated access
- IMS LTI 2.0 - first learning system with support for the latest LTI spec. Makes integration with external tools easy.
- Major improvements to Assignments, Test and Quizzes, Gradebook, Syllabus, Lessons (aka LessonBuilder)
- Mobile device support improved through the addition and upgrade of robust APIs.
- Elastic Search upgrade from 0.9.0 to 1.1.2 and removal of legacy Search
- IMS Common Cartridge 1.3 support within Lessons. This makes IMS CC in Sakai capable of exchanging data with Moodle, Blackboard, and Canvas.
- Security improvements
- Accessibility improvements
- Translations and i18n improvements - A number of updates to French and Chinese translations and about 1 1/2 dozen internationalization fixes including full i18n support in the Peer review feature of Lessons.
- Assignments tool - Improved handling of deleted groups in the Assignments tool. Basic validation to Single Uploaded File option to prevent students submitting an empty assignment.
- Forums tool - Performance improvement in Forums. Significant fixes to Forum Rank feature
- Gradebook row highlighting, for easier grading.
- Online Help - Ability to remove an entire help category (like OSP).
Current Adopters of Sakai
- Universite de Poitiers
- Fudan University
- Southwest University
- SIAS University
- Claremont Colleges Consortium
- Specs Howard School of Broadcast Arts
- University of South Alabama
- Longsight Group
- National Dance Education Organization
- University of Skovde
- Annaba University, POLLES Algeria
- Durham Technical Community College
- Tufts University
- LaGrange College
- Saint-Petersburg State Polytechnic University
- The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising
- Columbia University
- University of Missouri
- Université Pierre et Marie Curie
- The Mission Society
- University of Bremen
- Universidade Fernando Pessoa
- Davis & Elkins College