How should technology enrich learning? That’s up to you.
Educators are doing remarkable things with Sakai.
Valencian Internacional University’s award-winning ICT in Education uses Sakai to help educators reimagine what’s possible with technology-enabled learning.
Virginia Tech Sakai Story
Faculty and Institutions Innovate with Sakai tools.
The Pathways to Success program uses Sakai ePortfolio tools in an innovative way to balance large-scale institutional assessment with student-centered pedagogy and curriculum that is rooted within the disciplines.
With Sakai, you’re in good company. Sakai 10 is even better.
A lot of great universities use Sakai.
The Sakai project is the learning environment of choice for 350+ choice colleges and universities around the world. The new Sakai 10 release adds even more possibility to what can be done with Sakai.
Education is a global endeavor. So is Sakai.
Sakai is a truly global solution backed by a truly global community.
The Sakai community spans six continents and 15 countries, with Sakai available in more than 20 languages.
Many institutions. Many faces. Many instructional styles. One Sakai.
Sakai offers tremendous flexibility around look and feel, functionality, capabilities, etc. It can do pretty much whatever you want an LMS to do.
By design, every institution makes Sakai its own. From look-and-feel to feature-function, the versatility is refreshing.
Sakai 10.0 release contains many improvements. Here are a few:
- Scalability and performance Improvements, including distributed cacheing, providing support for JCache/JSR-107
- Updated Security Improvements
- Two new tools which help with scheduling of events (such as office hours) and delegated access
- IMS LTI 2.0 - first learning system with support for the latest LTI spec. Makes integration with external tools easy.
- Major improvements to Assignments, Test and Quizzes, Gradebook, Syllabus, Lessons (aka LessonBuilder)
- Mobile device support improved through the addition and upgrade of robust APIs.
Current Adopters of Sakai
- Universitat de Lleida
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Pai-Chai University
- Maharishi University
- Institution of Cyber Education Technology
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Antioch University
- National Centre for e-Social Science
- Democratic Alliance
- Albany Medical College
- Columbia University
- California State University, Fresno
- Durham Technical Community College
- Loyola University Chicago
- Universities of East Anglia and Hull, History of Political Discourse
- Daresbury Laboratory, CCLRC
- Université Pierre et Marie Curie
- Washington and Lee University
- University of Virginia
- Dokuz Eylül University
- Nagoya University
- Daybreak School